• Helps in tissue formation
• Supports and maintains good health
• Helps the body to metabolize carbohydrates fats, and proteins
• Helps to prevent vitamin B deficiency
• Provides 50 mg of vitamin B per capsule
Active B Pyridoxal is a source of vitamin B in the form of pyridoxal-5-phosphate (PLP). As the most biologically active form of the vitamin, PLP helps to catalyze over
140 reactions. PLP is an important cofactor in: 1) fatty acid metabolism, including the production of important omega-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids; 2) carbohydrate metabolism, including the breakdown of glycogen into glucose; 3) amino acid metabolism, including neurotransmitter synthesis and the conversion of tryptophan into niacin. Vitamin B deficiency decreases niacin production and increases formation of the metabolite xanthurenic acid, which lowers insulin activity. Low levels of vitamin B also lead to increased synovial fluid between joints, which results in nerve compression.