Vegetarian-friendly vitamin B complex
• Helps the body to metabolize carbohydrates, fats and proteins
• Helps in red blood cell and tissue formation
• Provides 50 mg of vitamin B6, 801 mcg of vitamin B12 and 400 mcg of folate (from Metafolin®) per day
• Helps to prevent vitamin B6, vitamin B12, and folate deficiency
Methylation Support provides a combination of B vitamins, choline, and betaine to help support homocysteine level.1 Homocysteine is an amino acid that can be further metabolized into methionine or cysteine.1 Normal homocysteine levels are necessary for the methylation of nucleic acids, proteins and lipids, as well as protein production.1 A randomized, double-blind trial involving 76 adults demonstrated that supplementation with 1.5 g of betaine daily for six weeks significantly better maintained homocysteine levels when compared to a placebo treatment.2 Betaine also helps support liver function through its role in stimulating the production and export of very low density lipoproteins (VLDL) from the liver.3 Methylation Support contains the physiologically active forms of vitamin B6, folate and vitamin B12, B vitamins involved in tissue formation, red blood cell formation, and macronutrient metabolism, respectively.4 As a result of their interrelated pathways, it is important to have metabolic balances between choline, betaine, homocysteine, vitamin B6, vitamin B12 and folate.5
KEY INGREDIENTS: Choline, Folate, Vitamin B12, Vitamin B6
1. Selhub, J. Food and Nutrition Bulletin. 2008; 29(2 Suppl): S116-S125.
2. Olthof, MR, van Vliet, T, Boelsma, E, Verhoef, P. J. Nutr. 2003; 133: 4135–4138.
3. Craig, SAS. Am J Clin Nutr. 2004; 80: 539–549.
4. Combs, GF. (2012). The Vitamins (4th ed.). USA: Elsevier.
5. Michel, V, Yuan, Z, Ramsubir, S, Bakovic, M. Exp Biol Med. 2006; 231: 490–504.