Promotes the breakdown of fats in the liver, allowing for healthy bile flow and toxin metabolism.
Benefits & Features
- Support healthy hepatic fat metabolism and bile flow‡
- Breakdown of fats in the liver maintains healthy overall liver function and detoxification‡
- Promotes methylation for healthy DNA integrity and stability, important for liver, colon and overall cell health‡
- Offers Metafolin® (L-5-MTHF),the naturally occurring, universally metabolized form of folate
- Made with high-quality vegan ingredients backed by verifiable science
- Ages 18 and up
- Healthy fat metabolism‡
- Liver function and detoxification support‡
As a dietary supplement, take 2 capsules, 3 times daily, with meals.
Science & Research
The lipotropic agents choline, betaine, methionine, vitamin B6 , vitamin B and folate (L-5-MTHF) support healthy hepatic fat metabolism and bile flow.1,2,3 Efficient processing and breakdown of fats in the liver maintains healthy overall liver function and detoxification.4 As methyl donors, these same nutrients are also critical for methylation, a widespread biochemical process in the body that involves transferring a methyl group to another compound.5 Methylation of DNA supports healthy DNA integrity and stability, important for liver, colonand overall cell health.6 Taurine, curcumin, silymarin and artichoke have been added for their abilities to support healthy bile flow, gene expression and the body's normal toxin metabolism.7,8,9‡
- Anand SS. J Appl Toxicol. 2005 Sep-Oct;25(5):440-3.
- Koplay M, et al.J Investig Med. 2011 Oct;59(7):1137-40.
- Halsted CH, et al. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002 Jul 23;99(15):10072-7.
- Nguyen P, et al.,em>J Animal Phys and Animal Nutr. 2008. 92(3); 272-283.
- Selhub J, et al.Nutr Rev. 2010 Dec;68 Suppl 2:S112-8.
- Brunaud L, et al. Clin Chem Lab Med. 2003 Aug;41(8):1012-9.
- Hardison WG. Gastroenterology. 1978 Jul;75(1):71-5.
- Sugiyama T, et al. Life Sci.2006 Apr 4;78(19):2188-93.
- Salmi HA, et al. Scand J Gastroenterol.1982 Jun;17(4):517-21.